Overview of the Position:
Sales Coordinator delivers accurate, helpful, exceptional service to fulfill the needs of designated sales accounts and contributes to the team’s ability to optimize sales. He/she works closely with the Key Account Sales Managers to assist our dealers in all aspects of their account as it pertains to SATVA sales and customer service. He/she will also be responsible for assigned accounts to contribute to sales goals (monthly and yearly). Other responsibilities include maintaining Sell-Through database, SMU tracking, assisting with line showings, traveling to and assisting at tradeshows, preparing clothing samples, performing data entry, preparing CAD presentations, working directly with buyers and planners, assisting with inbound/outbound calls, and coordinating mailings which includes ordering, organizing, and maintaining documents. Excellent customer service is key to growing our business. Consistently performing to these high standards will ensure that SATVA stands out amongst competitors for delivering the highest level of reliability and service.
The position requires a self-directed individual who takes pride in delivering high quality service and support to customers and our internal teams, works well under pressure and deadlines, manages multiple priorities while managing important routines, maintains focus and flexibility during times of shifting priorities and change, has a relentless eye for detail in all aspects of the job, maintains discretion and professional judgment in business interactions, and proactively tackles and solves problems in a collaborative spirit within and beyond SATVA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Key Account Customer Support
- Enter and modify orders
- Manage key account orders from order inception to delivery ensuring compliance at every step of the supply chain including, but not limited to,
- Review and confirm all pricing, discounts, terms and other details are correct in the system for all EDI customers prior to ship date
- Liaise with Production, Product Development, Shipping, Allocation, Customers, Customer Service and Sales Reps, as needed, to ensure compliance and execution of best practices
- Ensure Key Accounts receive all required samples on time and complete
- Assist customers with product purchases and assortments by providing the most up to date sales information for their specific distribution channel and providing personal product knowledge
- Provide ATS reports to buyers and solve inventory issues
- Monitor and maintain all open orders with designated accounts; maintain communication with Sales Manager and customer regarding order status (i.e. back orders, cancellations and adjustments, credit holds, hold for confirmation, etc.)
- Ensure that all open orders are shipped out on the scheduled ship date and prior to cancel date
- Exercise sound judgment to escalate support when there are problems with delivery or products, balancing professionalism and assertiveness
- Maintain open order reports to ensure accuracy and shipping timelines; communicate information to sales representatives and customers
- Provide and create return authorizations for warranty and other product issues
- Work directly with customers and SATVA accounting department regarding credit issues, invoicing and terms
- Work with the Sales and Customer Service team to ensure that all customers are taken care of in a timely manner
- Maintain and create dealer mailing lists, including packaging and mailing items
- Monitor and report on progress toward monthly, quarterly, seasonal, and yearly shipping goals, including open order reports, accounts/orders “on hold”, bulk order reporting, product availability, allocation, etc.
- Master vendor supplied Sell-Through Reporting database, and maintain weekly and seasonal Sell-Through reports
- Deliver user friendly reports (ATS, hot styles, best sellers, etc.) to external sales force to improve efficacy of communication between reps and customers
- Perform inventory analysis as it relates to fulfillment of at once orders from Major Accounts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in key account sales/coordination in wholesale apparel industry or a similar related wholesale environment
- High school degree or GED required. College degree preferred.
- Experience in shipping and logistics is a plus
Technical Skills or Experience
- 2+ years’ experience with EDI and related software; candidates will be tested on these systems
- Expert internet and computer efficiency especially Microsoft excel (complex functions, pivot tables and analysis); candidates will be tested on these systems
- Competent in basic math skills, including multiplication, division, averages, and calculation of margins and discounts; candidates will be tested on these systems
- Experience working with advanced ERP systems helpful
- Must be willing and able to travel for business trips 3-4 weeks per year, with possibility of up to 6 weeks (domestic travel)
Employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
**Please note: All candidates will be subject to a pre-offer background check which may include, depending on position requirements, criminal history, credit history, driving record, employment verification, education verification, and/or reference check(s).
SATVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer